Is your PA driver license test coming up soon?
Here are some helpful hints to get you through:
- The day of your driver’s test, be sure to line up 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment – if you don’t, they may not run you through the test.
- Make sure the insurance card and registration card for the vehicle you’re taking the test in are accurate and up-to-date.
- Check and double-check that all equipment works on your vehicle – even a single light bulb out can cause you to fail the exam.
- Make sure the person who accompanies you is over the age of 21 and has a valid PA license.
- If your parent isn’t accompanying you, you’ll need a signed and notarized copy of PennDOT Form 180-C.
- You must know the last four digits of your social security number.
- The PennDOT exam tests students in three primary areas: precision vehicle control, road rules knowledge and defensive driving techniques. Our training curriculum addresses and reinforces each lesson, preparing students well for the actual test.
Here Are Some Common Reasons Why People Fail The Exam:
- Inability to operate any vehicle controls
- Violating any traffic laws (say, failing to stop properly at a Stop sign)
- Driving dangerously or recklessly
- Making errors in safe driving practices
- Failing to follow instructions given by an examiner
- Causing a crash (yeah, sort of a no-brainer)
- Not using your turn signals properly
Driver Training Services is now certified to administer the Class-C Non-Commercial Driver’s Test here at our North Wales location. You do not need to be a student of ours to take the test here. The test is not included with any behind the wheel package, but can certainly be added to any behind the wheel package at any time; just call our office for more information or to schedule. If you register on-line, once we receive your registration we will contact you directly to schedule your exam and/or test prep.
Test Prep- 1 Hour
The test preparation service is offered by Driver Training Services to students who are ready to take the PA Department of Motor Vehicles license exam here at Driver Training Services. It is almost always scheduled to take place directly before the driver's test.
For the test prep, your Instructor will provide you with a refresher, focusing on the expectations of the driver's test. It is NOT a lesson. Drivers are assumed to be prepared to take the test prior to scheduling the Test Prep.