- Driver Training Services is certified to administer the Class-C Non-Commercial Driver’s Test at our location.
- You do not need to be a student of ours to take the test here. The test is not included with any behind the wheel package, but can certainly be added to any behind the wheel package at any time; just call our office for more information or to schedule.
- If you register on-line, once we receive your registration, we will contact you directly within one business day to schedule your exam. We usually have test appointment slots available within 3-4 days from when you register. Please be sure to add the best contact information when you register.
- You will take the test in your car or you can rent a car for $50
- You will come to our office at 634 E.Main Street Lansdale, PA 19446 in the Hillcrest Shopping Center
Test Prep and Test- 1.5 Hours
- The test preparation service is offered by Driver Training Services to students who are ready to take the PA Department of Motor Vehicles license exam here at Driver Training Services. It is almost always scheduled to take place directly before the driver's test.
- For the test prep, your Instructor will provide you with a refresher, focusing on the expectations of the driver's test. It is NOT a lesson. Drivers are assumed to be prepared to take the test prior to scheduling the Test Prep.
- **Purchasing a test prep and a test, please do not select one of the preselected test appointments, as the test prep is only available at certain times during the day. If you are purchasing a test prep and a test, we will contact you directly within one business day to schedule the appointment. **
- You will use your car for the test prep and test or you can rent a car for $50
Here are some helpful hinits to get you through the test:
- The day of your driver’s test, be sure to line up 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Make sure the insurance card and registration card for the vehicle you’re taking the test in are accurate and up-to-date.
- Make sure the inspection of the vehicle is up-to-date.
- Check and double-check that all equipment works on your vehicle – even a single light bulb out can cause you to fail the exam.
- Make sure the person who accompanies you is over the age of 21 and has a valid PA license.
- If you are under 18 and your parent isn’t accompanying you, you’ll need a signed and notarized copy of PennDOT Form 180-C.
- The PennDOT exam tests students in three primary areas: precision vehicle control, road rules knowledge and defensive driving techniques. Our training curriculum addresses and reinforces each lesson, preparing students well for the actual test.
Here are some common reasons why people fail the exam:
- Inability to operate any vehicle controls
- Violating any traffic laws (say, failing to stop properly at a Stop sign)
- Driving dangerously or recklessly
- Making errors in safe driving practices
- Failing to follow instructions given by an examiner
- Causing a crash (yeah, sort of a no-brainer)
- Not using your turn signals properly